Friday, April 24, 2009

Ava Reads!

Ava has become quite the reader. If you have nothing better to do for four minutes, check out the video below of her “reading” Green Eggs and Ham. Or, you can just check out the first 30 seconds and get the gist of it all. I had to sneak up behind her to get it on video—Ava does not perform on command. Does any child??? If you watch the whole thing, in the middle of the story you’ll suddenly hear a loud “Cheese! Cheese!” Savannah had been sitting on the couch and noticed I had a camera in my hand. She thought I was taking a picture of her, so she was doing her part to give a big smile.

I’d record Ava’s rendition of Amazing Grace, but I do have to prompt her every now and then, and let’s just say Simon Cowell wouldn’t be giving me any props for my voice, so I’m not having any recorded version of it available to haunt me. (Though I’m sure Paula would have something nice to say to me…about my outfit.) In case you didn’t know, the first line of the song goes, “Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound that saved a WRENCH like me.” Just ask Ava!

Oh, and I’d be remiss if I didn’t correct myself on a previous post. Savannah isn’t as spoiled as I wrote. She will stay with my father without crying as well, so that makes three people for whom she will behave! She’ll need to begin getting used to being without one of the three of us pretty soon here…she’ll be starting pre-school in September!

No comments:

Post a Comment